Patient Safety Information
The hospital, physician practices and specialty centers all have important screening and safety measures in place for when you come to see us. We’ve taken extra steps, and you may notice some changes in how we provide care.
- Non-COVID-19 patients are treated in designated areas of our hospital and clinics, separate from COVID-19 patients.
- Patients and staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering our facilities and required to wear a mask.
- Contact with our caregivers is limited during your visit.
- Patients scheduled for surgery are receiving COVID-19 testing.
- Seating in public areas and waiting rooms is limited to allow for physical distancing.
- Magazines and paper materials are gone to maintain cleanliness.
- Cleaning and disinfecting remains thorough at all locations.
Upon Your Arrival
If you have a scheduled appointment at Valley View Hospital, please arrive a few minutes in advance. To best protect you, please self-park at one of the parking lots immediately adjacent to the hospital. Our valet team is available at the lower entrance (Calaway Young Cancer Center entrance) if a patient requires physical assistance. All patients, visitors and employees are being screened for Valley View staff for COVID-19 symptoms at our doors. Everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times.
All patient care areas in our hospital and clinics are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. There are designated areas for non-COVID-19 patients, separate from COVID-19 patients.
Patients and staff should follow public health’s recommendation of physical distancing, also referred to as social distancing, by staying six feet apart from other people, not gathering in groups and staying out of crowded places. Seating in waiting rooms and other public areas have additional spacing to allow for physical distancing.
Staff Policies and Procedures
Our team has received extensive training on COVID-19 precautions and wear PPE including masks, face shields and gowns. We follow CDC guidelines as they change and evolve our own policies and procedures to protect our team and serve our patients.
Resources & Partnerships
If you have COVID-19, we have the resources to serve you locally at Valley View. We are in communication with our local hospitals and public health to share information. And we also have partnerships with hospitals on the front range, should you require a higher level of care. We are in this together to best serve our community.